by Kathye Cipes
One of the great traditions at the holidays is to express love and gratitude for the special people in our lives. We hope that your gift list this year will include AHCC to remember a loved one or to enjoy the holiday celebrations ahead. Here are some ideas to consider:
* Donate a poinsettia that will be shared with church members who have lost a family member this year. Beautify our worship experience with flowers on the pulpit to celebrate the holidays, commemorate a birthday or mark another milestone. Contact Camille Boyd, Caring Minister, at 860.216.9825 or email@example.com.
* Enjoy the Boar’s Head on January 4, 5 or 6. Or, purchase tickets to donate so our church neighbors can come as our guests. Contact 860.278.0785 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Consider helping us fix our elevator, repair parish windows or other specific building fund projects. Helena Carvalho (email@example.com)or Deb Holden (firstname.lastname@example.org) can provide insight into the church’s priorities.
* AHCC provides financial support in the form of grants to area organizations and programs that contribute to a healthy community, including housing, food, education and youth development, social services or community building. Contact Mia Douglas (email@example.com) Director of Discipleship to support this important ministry.
* Scholarships to defray the costs for our youth to go on mission trips or participate in other social service events are always welcome. Tobey Aubert (firstname.lastname@example.org), Youth Minister can tell you about upcoming events.
* Underwrite donuts and coffee for our after-service fellowship in Drew Hall. Jan Tracy (email@example.com), chair of the new Hospitality Committee can tell you how.
However you choose to include our beloved church in your holiday giving, we’re confident it will provide joy to the giver and the receiver.