Serve at the Church
The word liturgy comes from the Greek meaning “work of the people.” Working together with the minister, the liturgist leads the congregation in worship. In a typical Sunday morning worship service, the liturgist may:
• Lead the congregation in the Call to Worship
• Declare the Call to Confession (chosen or composed by liturgist or minister)
• Lead the congregation in a Prayer of Confession
• Read the scripture reading following an introduction by the minister
• Introduce and lead the congregation in the Affirmation of Faith
If you are interested in serving as a liturgist on an occasional basis, please contact us.