AHCC is governed by a Board of Deacons, led by the church moderator and vice moderator. Deacons give direction to the future of the church, serve at church services, and offer counsel to its officers and others. Deacons share the leadership of the church with the ministers, including:
- Affirmation of members;
- Developing fellowship within the church;
- The conduct of public worship and the sacraments;
- Short and long-range planning including the development of priorities, programs, and financial strategies;
- Upon the recommendation of the Administration and Finance Committee, the approval and adoption of the annual budget; and
- Review and approval of expenditures of $10,000 or more by staff or any committee or sub-committee.
For printed copies of the minutes of the Board of Deacon's meetings, please contact Helena Carvalho or log in to the Member Portal.
For iCal compatible calendars